HOW TO REFUEL YOUR LIGHTER
For your safety, please read and use the following instructions.
- Do not refill the lighter immediately after using it, you need to allow enough time to cool off.
- The flame height adjuster on the bottom of the lighter should be set to minimum. Use the small screwdriver to turn the adjusting screw to clockwise to tighten the gas valve. Some models have adjusting wheel that requires no screwdriver. Lighters sold in metal gift boxes have special Key for this purpose.
- Push the refilling valve in with screwdriver to let out the air inside until no hissing sound is heard. Hold lighter away from face. Air in the fuel tank prevents butane gas from being injected into the tank and causes the malfunction of the lighters.
- Always refill lighter in an upside down position.
- Shake the butane gas refill can, press the stem of the refill can directly onto the refill valve in straight position on the bottom of the lighter and let the gas go into the lighter for about 5 seconds. You may repeat for another round for shorter period.
- If you experience the gas leakage with hissing sound while refilling the lighter, either you are not holding the lighter and gas can in straight position or the stem of the gas can is not suitable for lighter. In this case you need to use adaptor that is supplied with the fuel.
- Allow 3-4 minutes until gas and lighter components reach room temperature.
- Turn the flame adjuster slowly counter clockwise to reach the desired flame height.
- Hold the lighter away from face or body and ignite it carefully. If the flame height is too high, turn the adjuster back to - mark. If the flame height is too low, turn it slowly to the+ mark and try again.
- If there is no flame, there is a big chance that lighter has not been filled, try the refilling process again.
Finally a few safety tips:
- Use only well-known brand name gas refill cans. Impurity of the gas will cause congestions and malfunctioning.
- Do not store your lighter close to source of heat or fire such as stove, radiator, or fireplace.
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN! Always keep away from reach of children: playing with fire and light is amusing for them, which may cause unforgivable results.